We covered a ton of ground in our conversation, focused primarily on how frontline fundraisers can improve their individual relationship engagement and raise more money for their causes. Here are some of the key points from our conversation:
- Donors don’t like to be “pitched”, and why authentic conversations deliver better fundraising outcomes.
- How frontline fundraisers — those who have done this work for decades, and those who are brand new in their role — can overcome the anxiety and fear of asking.
- The impact that a fundraiser’s mindset has on her ability to cultivate meaningful relationships and secure significant gifts.
- How asking the right questions at the right time can help you unlock transformational generosity in your donors.
- The importance of leveraging peer relationships to accelerate major donor relationships.
- The value of listening well, and how it can help you close more gifts in 2021.
Wishing you all a successful 2021 — and hoping The Rainmaker Fundraising Podcast continues to add value to your life and work in the new year!