Kris has spent her career as an advisor to high net worth individuals, family offices, corporate philanthropy programs and foundations.
She’s also the author of the newly released book, Delusional Altruism.
We sat down with Kris recently to talk about her new book, covering topics like:
- How well-meaning philanthropists get in their own way and prevent themselves from achieving the philanthropic impact they hope for.
- Debunking some of the deeply held, incorrect beliefs that often drive delusional altruism.
- Understanding how high net worth donors, foundations, and corporate philanthropies are changing their approach to giving during the COVID crisis.
- Asking better questions, and positioning them differently, to help unleash greater impact through high net worth donors.
- Understanding how nonprofits and fundraisers can better engage wealth managers, advisors, and philanthropists to unleash greater philanthropic impact.
Kris is a highly skilled philanthropy advisor, and shared many of her insightful observations with us in this conversation. I hope you enjoy the discussion!
A Special Offer From Our Episode Sponsor, Velocity Strategy Solutions.
You have people working in ways they’ve never worked, with people they don’t know, and for managers and leaders they’ve never met around projects they may not understand.
The reality is the only thing your competitor doesn’t have is your team. But if you don’t utilize them well and position them for success, you’ll send them looking for better opportunities elsewhere. It’s time to optimize your talent.
You can use the code RAINMAKER to get your FREE personalized talent assessment from Velocity Strategy Solutions today!