It was an incredible honor to sit down recently with Commissioner Kenneth Hodder, National Commander of The Salvation Army USA, and Joey Zumaya, Public Sector Leader at LinkedIn and national advisory board member at The Salvation Army.
One of the things I love about The Salvation Army is that they are actively serving people in EVERY zip code in the U.S. That is a bold and expansive commitment to caring for people in need all throughout our nation. Standing shoulder-to-shoulder with their volunteers, supporters, corporate and faith community partners, and employees, The Salvation Army truly allows each supporter to do the most good, right in their home communities.
We had a fascinating conversation on leadership within the context of The Salvation Army. In this episode, you’ll hear us cover a lot of ground, including:
- Living and leading from your values
- The importance of deep relationships between a nonprofit CEO and their advisory board members
- The Salvation Army’s long-term commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and how that shapes decision-making across the organization
- Technology’s role in the development of an organization’s talent pipeline, program delivery, and fundraising strategy
- How the nation’s changing demographics impact the way organizations approach the recruitment of employees, donors, and volunteer leaders